Supporting local economic and social development
The Saint-Gobain Initiatives Foundation supports projects around the world. All current and retired employees have the opportunity to champion a local project, and support its application to the Foundation for direct support. This support could be in the form of direct financial support, construction materials, of expertise, knowledge, skills and time.
Areas of Focus:
The Foundation supports projects in three areas directly linked to Saint-Gobain’s strategy:
- Job opportunities for young people in habitat-related professions,
- Construction or renovation of social housing, for general interest purposes,
- Energy efficiency and environmental protection in social housing.
The Foundation provides financial and technical support for selected projects, with the help of employees from across the Saint-Gobain family of companies.
Facts and figures:
- 127 Saint-Gobain Initiatives Foundation projects completed
- More than 200 sponsors (current and retired employees) have worked with the Saint-Gobain Foundation since it was created
- All Saint-Gobain employees can nominate projects, led by not-for-profit groups, for consideration by the Foundation